Monday, September 17, 2012

First Golden Chanterelles

While paddling in the Sayward Forest north of Campbell River on Saturday September 15th 2012 I decided to have a little look in a promising patch of forest in the hills above Brewster Lake. Seconds after stepping off the road I found these little lovelies.
Curiously I walked for 20 more minutes looking and did not find any more, but I cooked them up and ate them within a few hours of finding them. They were very firm and mild tasting. I walked in a forest in South Nanaimo on Sunday and did not see any sign of any mushrooms, so perhaps we have not had enough rain here to trigger the fruiting, but I'm sure we will be seeing them soon.

1 comment:

  1. i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool
    psilocybe cubensis syringe. now just Click Here

    ReplyDelete